- 8586 views
- 0 comments
Why do wrinkles form in the skin?
Our faces reflect the passing of time by forming the dreaded wrinkles, which are the result of skin ageing. Age, together with other components, cause these creases in the skin. It is always recommended to preemptively treat wrinkles, and aloe vera is the ideal preventive treatment, as wrinkles appear for different reasons:
- Exposure to ultraviolet light (UV) by spending time sunbathing, participating in outdoor sports and other ways that increase the natural process of losing elasticity and, therefore, accelerate skin ageing.
- Diet has a big influence on the condition of the skin, if it does not get the necessary nutrients to keep the tissue intact and restore it when it is affected, wrinkles start to appear.
- Smoking significantly accelerates skin ageing.
- Alcohol consumption enhances the appearance of sagging and wrinkles by generating free radicals that cause cell toxicity.
- Genetic factors also have an influence on the appearance of wrinkles, as they determine our skin’s capability to restore collagen.
How can we prevent the appearance of wrinkles?
The appearance of wrinkles can be prevented or delayed by following these tips:
- Moisturise the skin with a cream that is appropriate for your skin type. Using an anti-wrinkle cream that contains aloe vera can be of great help as it improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Protect your face against sunlight.
- Eat foods with properties that are beneficial for the skin, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid becoming dehydrated by increasing your water consumption; the skin will maintain its radiance by keeping its cells hydrated.
- Sleep between seven to nine hours per day to prevent your body generating cortisol due to stress.
- Use glasses if necessary, because straining to see better can form wrinkles.
- Start taking care of your skin from the age of 20.
Another way of delaying the appearance of wrinkles is by following a daily face cleansing routine. Why? We need to remove the impurities that stick to the skin on a daily basis due to air pollution and other factors. The relationship between aloe vera and wrinkles is related to this need, as the plant has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that make it ideal for deeply cleansing the skin.
How do we use aloe vera on the skin?
Follow the steps below to use aloe vera for deep wrinkles and to prevent their appearance:
- Prepare the skin, you must cleanse the skin before applying aloe vera. Spread it over the face and neck by massaging it in with your fingertips for better absorption.
- If you use fresh aloe vera, leave it to work on the skin for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with plenty of water.
- To deal with localised blemishes or spots, carefully apply it to the area and leave it to work.
- When you use gels, cleansers or anti-wrinkle creams containing aloe vera, they should be made with 100% natural products.
Aloe vera masks
Using fresh aloe vera produced by Finca Canarias, we can easily make masks for radiant and more hydrated skin.
Aloe vera and lemon mask
Using this mask we can remove spots and impurities in addition to revitalizing the skin due to its anti-blemish power. To make it, you can use fresh aloe vera produced by Finca Canarias and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this mixture with a brush, in circular motions, and leave it to work for 20 minutes, then remove it with plenty of cold water.
Aloe vera and honey mask
This is specifically recommended for acne treatment as it regulates the pH of the skin and prevents the skin from forming new spots due to the antibacterial action of its components. Mix half a cup of fresh aloe vera with two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture to clean skin and leave it to work for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Aloe vera and cucumber mask
This is an ancient treatment that is very useful for reducing the appearance of wrinkles. The mask can be made with fresh aloe vera produced by Finca Canarias, half a cucumber, two tablespoons of honey and a little milk. Mash the cucumber and mix all the ingredients together. Apply to the face and neck with a brush and then rinse it off with cold water after 30 minutes.
Aloe vera for crows feet
The skin around the eyes dries out over time, this causes expression lines to appear, these are called “crows feet”. Aloe vera is the most effective remedy for getting rid of them, because it is rich in antioxidants, which remove the free radicals that cause cell damage. It should be applied to the area by lightly massaging it in and leaving it to work for a few minutes before washing the area.
More tips to combat wrinkles using aloe vera
Aloe vera is very versatile; its uses are varied, as well as the way in which it can be applied. You can alternate or simply decide what works better for you or which is easier to apply.
The toner made with this plant is perfect for delicate and sensitive skin, and for those who sometimes find it difficult to source appropriate cosmetic products. It retains all the properties of aloe vera and it is very easy to apply, this can be done with a cotton pad or sprayed on the face.
If you want to increase the benefits and useful effects that the plant has on your skin, you can consume it in the form of a juice. It is a rich source of nutrients, it has purifying properties and helps to regulate cholesterol.
Using aloe vera for the face produced by Finca Canarias, you will have radiant and well-cared for skin. Get in contact with us, we would love to help you and advise you on everything you need.